For over two decades, I've been working with some great healthcare, social service and educational organizations to help them tell their best stories across various digital and print platforms.
The storytelling part is no surprise really, because, for most of my life, I've been telling or writing tales (or stories). Stories to make you laugh. Stories to make you care. Stories to make you donate, understand, believe and advocate for yourself, your family or your community.
I'm a writer, editor and researcher with multiple bylines in publications such as "The Boston Globe Magazine," "The New York Times," "World of Psychology," "KevinMD," "Edutopia," "Salon" and other publications. Check out some samples in my creative portfolio.
As well as writing, I'm a trained teacher who has provided employee development seminars for local and regional organizations.
As an Irish native living in the U.S. for over three decades, I have experience working with international clients and switching between American and British style guides. I'm a proud member of the American Medical Writers Association and the International Women's Writing Guild.
For digital support (video, photography, web design) I collaborate with some trusted and talented professionals with whom I've worked for a long time.
We keep it simple. We keep it elegant. We keep it all about you, the client.
So get in touch and let's chat about how I can tell your organization's best stories. Or read, "Why Work with Me?" on this page (below).
Or hey, don't take my work for any of this. Instead, see what my editorial, marketing and training clients say about me.
- Gracious relationship builder with ability to work with diverse stakeholders at all levels of the organization
- Award-winning writer with multiple bylines in publications such as "The Boston Globe Magazine," "The New York Times," "KevinMD," "World of Psychology," "The Wisdom Daily," "Salon," "The Huffington Post" and other publications.
- High creative standards, ethics and editing (AP and AMA style guides); experience using U.S. and British style guides
- Quick-study researcher with a well-curated library of evidence-based, consumer and peer-reviewed sources
- MA in English; B.Ed in teaching. Training in science writing, narrative medicine, digital marketing, HIPAA and crisis communications
- Delivered over 75 interactive trainings and workshops - in person and across digital platforms, including Canvas and Zoom
-American Medical Writers Association
-International Women's Writing Guild
-Faculty, Baypath University's Narrative Medicine Certificate program.
Education and Training:
- MA in English and writing
- B.Ed in teaching
- Certificate in grant writing
- Training in narrative medicine, science writing, digital marketing and the arts in healthcare
-In-service trainings in HIPAA, crisis communications and risk management